EDUCATE PLAY LEARN
Our Mission Statement
Windmills Preschool provides a safe, happy and stimulating educational environment in which children are valued as unique individuals, supported by caring, experienced and qualified practitioners.
Learning through play and interaction in a place where they have empowerment over their environment, we promote an atmosphere of mutual respect and encouragement where children are prepared for their next steps in learning, so that they are happy, confident, creative, sociable and enthusiastic learners, who look forward to challenges.
A strong partnership between home and preschool is created, liaising closely with parents, other professionals and linking with our community.
• Ensure that the welfare of each individual child in our care is paramount and forms the basis of our practice
• Promote the way in which children learn through play and first hand experiences and arrange the setting environment to meet this end
• Enable children to develop confidence, self esteem and resilience
• Plan for and develop the individual needs of each child in our care via the key person system and careful adult support and facilitation
• All act as positive role models for the children in our care
• Act in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage Principles and Commitments
• Always recognise that parents and carers are the first and most enduring educators of their child
• Create a warm, welcoming and safe environment for all individuals who use our setting
• Ensure that all individuals, children and adults alike, can enjoy the setting environment without judgment or discrimination from others
• Accommodate the individual needs of all who access our setting, irrespective of ethnic heritage, social and economic background, gender, sexual orientation, ability or disability.
• Listen to the views of all who use our setting; children, parents, employees and other professionals
• Continually reflect upon practice, as a setting and as individuals to ensure continual improvement of provision
• At all times comply with relevant National and Local legislation and guidance
• Implement our policies and procedures consistently and review them as deemed necessary and at least annually